Sign up for Job Seekers Allowance?

November 11, 2008

Here is how to sign up for job seekers allowance, go to your local job centre and get an application form, fill in the form. Once form is filled in you will have an interview arranged to see what your qualifications are and if you are allowed to receive job seekers allowance.

Remember job seekers allowance is for people who are out of work.

There are 2 types of Jobseeker’s Allowance:

•    The first is called ‘Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance’. You may get Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance if you have paid or been credited with class 1 National Insurance (NI) contributions in the relevant tax years. Self employed contributions will not generally qualify you for Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance.
•    The other is based on your income and savings. This is called ‘Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance’.

What are the benefit rates?

Contribution-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

•    Person aged 16-17: £47.95
•    Person aged 18-24: £47.95
•    Person aged 25 or over: £60.50

Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance

Personal allowances – single people Rate
•    Person aged 16-17: £47.95
•    Person aged 18-24: £47.95
•    Person aged 25 or over: £60.50


5 Responses to “Sign up for Job Seekers Allowance?”

  1. Jason Stewart on November 24th, 2009 2:12 pm

    can i sign on, on the internet?

  2. mohbub uddin on October 25th, 2010 5:22 pm

    thank you

  3. rebekah bayliss on November 21st, 2010 4:53 pm

    i am looking for a job

  4. phill on March 9th, 2011 2:06 am

    why cant i get a job easy and jobs ring u bk ??

  5. kayleigh on May 23rd, 2011 9:38 am

    its so piss that i can get money 4 me and my baby its due soon and i cant sing on the now its shitt

Got something to say?

Improve the web with Nofollow Reciprocity.